Choose a Sector
Marketing Apprentice (Business Administration)
Number of vacancies:
City College Plymouth
Salary per week:
£11,352 - £15,065 Per Annum
To provide support to the Marketing team to effectively promote the College and its curriculum offer to key stakeholders via a range of activities including events, presentations and digital marketing.
- To provide administrative support duties including, word processing letters and reports, using spreadsheets, e-mails and updating databases.
- To undertake answering and making telephone calls, take messages and follow-up actions as appropriate and ensure callers receive appropriate feedback.
- To support with generating and collating exciting and engaging content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- To assist with the commissioning of photography, helping with photo shoots and maintaining the College’s photo library.
- To assist with the running of all recruitment and student celebration events.
- To represent and promote the College at external events/exhibitions, providing advice and guidance to potential students and referring them to appropriate contacts within the College.
- To assist in the organisation of College tours and taster sessions for potential students, and subject specific events.
- To support the Campaigns and Events Team Leader with the management of a team of Student Ambassadors, including communicating with them via Facebook.
- To support the Campaigns and Events Team Leader with evaluating advertising campaigns and internal recruitment events.
- In running in-house events and attending external events, to take account of health and safety and environmental legislation.
- To support the Head of Marketing with managing the Marketing budget by raising and processing purchase orders, using an online system.
- To provide cover for the College’s Reception and Information desks, as and when required.
- To assist with marketing activities as required and attend College events which may require attendance at College, or external venues for additional evenings or weekend work.
- To liaise with other College departments and maintain a flexible approach at all times.
- To act as a Student Ambassador representing the College at internal and external recruitment events.
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may reasonably be required and you will be required to be trained to administer first aid, if necessary.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
Qualified to GCSE or equivalent standard
English and Maths GCSEs grade 4/5 (C) or above
Knowledge and Experience
Experience of working in an office environment
An interest in digital marketing
Skills and Personal Qualities
A high standard of communication skills, both written and verbal
Good networking skills
Effective IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
A commitment to high customer service standards
The flexibility to work evenings and weekends occasionally
Must hold a current driving licence and have use of a vehicle for work purposes
Possible career progression.
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.