Choose a Sector
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Rittal CSM Ltd
Broadley Park Road, Plymouth, PL6 7EZ
Salary per week:
£224.00 (£5.98 per hour)
37.5 hours per week, shifts to be confirmed
Rittal is the worlds largest manufacturer of enclosures for the electrical, electronic and IT markets. We have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to kick-start their career with an apprenticeship in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Studying at City College Plymouth, you will earn while you learn.
With dedicated, highly motivated and skilled staff the Company has achieved market dominance through a commitment to providing its customers with excellence in every respect. Rittal now have an exciting opportunity for anyone wishing to kick-start their career with an apprenticeship in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Do you have a strong hands-on aptitude for mechanical engineering ?
- Do you have a proactive approach to work and learning ?
- Do you have the ability to work effectively as part of a fast moving production team ?
If you answered yes to the above, then this could be the apprenticeship for you !
Your day-to-day activities for this role would include:
- Power Press (Set an Operate)
- CNC Piercing and Folding (Set and Operate)
- Press Brake (Set and Operate)
- Welding (Manual and Automated)
During the apprenticeship, you will also learn:
- Planned maintenance activities
- The basics of Quality Systems and Procedures
- Knowledge of Powder Coating
- Knowledge and experience of Assembly Processes
This is a full, 4 year Advanced Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth. The starting rate is £5.98 per hour with incremental rises on completion of the various apprenticeship training stages.
The interview process will include an informal interview and factory tour, a 2-day work experience trial, aptitude testing in Maths, English and Engineering run by City College Plymouth and a formal final interview.
Other benefits include 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, free parking, free staff uniform, subsidised staff restaurant, Company Reward Scheme and contributory pension scheme matched by the Company up to 5%.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. An NVQ in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Level 3 will be awarded to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a fast moving team
- A proactive approach to work and learning
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated
Level 2 / GCSE in Maths, English, Science, ICT, Resistant Materials, Engineering and Manufacturing ideally at grade C/4 or above.
The potential for permanent employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.