Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Plymouth Motor Company
8 Holland Road, Plymstock, PL9 9BP
Salary per week:
You will start your apprenticeship journey shadowing qualified and expierenced Mechanics within this business and as time goes on and you pick the role up, you will be able to do more on your own.
The role of a mechanic is to;
- Repair vehicles and make routine maintenance checks to ensure that a vehicle is running as it should be.
- Have a good technical knowledge of a wide range of vehicles
- A high level of attention to detail
- Be able to work well with customers
- Maintain a patient and friendly attitude.
Mechanics are required to repair and maintain different types of vehicles such as lorries, motorcycles, vans, cars, coaches, and buses. They perform restorative and preventative work on gears, brakes, engine, air conditioning, security features, fuel pump, and more. These workers test new vehicles to find faults and carry out routine servicing of cars.
- Level 2 Auto Care Technician
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Qualities and skills:
- Must be able to follow instruction
- Work well as part of a team
- Able to communicate openly with your team and members of the public who may enter the garage
- Basic knowledge in Maths and English is required
- On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress onto your level 3
Things to consider
Please ensure you are able to get to this location daily for work.
You MUST be prepared to get your hands dirty!