Choose a Sector
Mechanical Maintenance Engineering Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Barden Corporation UK Ltd
Plymbridge Road, Plymouth, PL6 7LH
Salary per week:
Barden have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their team and undertake an apprenticeship where you will learn and develop core skills and capabilities alongside their well established team. You will be working in a multi-disciplined team of Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance fitters where you will receive extensive training and guidance whilst carrying out work on Mechanical systems across the site.
Duties for this apprenticeship will include:
- Learn all relevant core skills to carry out site wide works on Mechanical systems, processes and technical equipment
- Servicing, rebuilding and developing existing and new capabilities in all areas of the Plymouth site
- Assist the existing team with tasks as directed
- Work in a safe manner complying with all Health and Safety rules and regulations
This is a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- Attendance at College 5 days a week for the first year
- Attendance at College one day per week for the remaining 4 years
- Work-based learning and training to gain a level 2 and 3 certificate / diploma in an engineering / manufacturing discipline
- Extensive on-the-job training
This apprenticeship has an expected duration of 4 years.
Qualities and skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Hand tool skills
- Great attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- A proactive approach to work
Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
There may be the potential for permanent employment or progression to a higher level apprenticeship for the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.