Choose a Sector
Office and Finance Administrator
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
40 per week
To carry out all office and finance administration tasks and to act as a support function across all areas of the business to drive growth and improvement in profitability. Whilst ensuring legal and health & safety compliance and all internal controls are maintained.
• To organise and carry out administrative tasks that facilitate the running of the office, including stock control, housekeeping requirements, PAT testing co-ordination, utilities and premises remedial works.
• To respond to main telephone lines as initial contact, liaising with staff, suppliers and clients; and ensuring high level of customer service across this function
• To organise, sort and file all paperwork and post and computer based information in line with companies existing systems
• To organise and develop company database in line with up-to-date regulations
• To manage cleanliness of office and personal workspace.
• To organise and sort all general HR for company including;
• Recording staff holidays, sickness and timesheet accuracy
• Assist with recruitment, advertising and liaising with applicants as necessary
• Ensure legal compliance with employee documentation and staff decision making
• To support staff training, ensuring matrix is up to date, and appropriate training is booked when required
• To carry out basic bookkeeping function using Sage/Xero including;
• Processing transactions, purchase and sales invoices
• Reconcile current account, sales and purchase ledger
• Process cash and bank transaction
• If required, to process reports for senior management to analyse and make strategic decisions
• To support and develop the sales process, assisting with preparation of tenders and the ongoing development of the Tender Management System
• To support the operational team with procuring stock, equipment and trade purchases
• To support the development of all communications through the business
• To use a variety of software packages to carry out all stated tasks
• To attend staff meetings as and when required
• To complete a weekly timesheet
• To develop an understanding of company ethos and values, including ‘YGS Plan B.’
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
Construction industry background would be beneficial
AAT part qualified or qualified by experience
IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook (essential) Xero or Sage experience (desirable
Enthusiasm, energy and drive
Excellent communication across multiple departments
Able to work under pressure
Able to use own initiative
Potential Progression onto Level 3
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.