Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Tamar Property Services
Salary per week:
You will be responsible for assisting with the day to day activities of the business such as;
- Meeting and greeting customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Collecting tools/materials from the van
- Understanding what tools/materials may be required for the job and understanding their use, whilst being guided by your mentor, Steve
- Observe the daily practices of your employer and ask questions on duties to enhance understanding
- Keep work areas clean and tidy
- Abide by health and safety at all times
- Carry out tasks yourself once confident in doing so
- Measuring areas to see what material/how much is required
- Look at design and specification of the job in hand
- Cutting objects to correct length or size to ensure accurate fitting
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
For this position, you must be keen to learn and understand what it takes to start a career in this trade. It can be a very physically demanding role and you must be prepared for this.
As you will be working within a small team it is essential you can openly and easily communicate with others to enhance your understanding of the trade you want to work in and learn as you earn.
- Motivated individual with a strong interest in the Building, Construction, Maintenance & Repairs sector
- The ability to listen carefully and take on information around health & safety
- Strong team work ethic with the ability to take on tasks individually too
- Ideally FULL UK Drivers Licence, or working towards doing your test
On completion of your 2 year apprenticeship your employment and progression will be reviewed. If at this point you have been successful in your training you will have the opportunity to progress onto the level 3 qualified alongside further employment. Self-employment is also an option within this field of work after you have completed your training and education.
Please consider your location before applying for this vacancy. You must be near Efford for easy commuting each day, or have your own transport to be considered.
As general building work is incorporated you must be prepared to work outdoors when required, in all weathers!