Choose a Sector
Production Chef Apprentice
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
Greek Soul Kitchen
Salary per week:
Greek Soul Kitchen is Plymouth’s unique kitchen that cooks traditional Greek flavours. We are a small team that mainly loves food and exceptional customer service! Our food is a mixture of Greek street food, as well as some more home cooked orientated dishes we always enjoy and want to share with our British friends. We are also the main caterer for all the events, functions and weddings at the Corinthians venue, which involves the catering operation for a variety of occasions, with an extensive menus selection.
The production chef role will involve:
- Helping in the kitchen with the opening and closing procedures
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean tidy and hygienic
- Food preparation and cooking
- Help to prepare starters, mains, salads and desserts
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills
- Basic cooking skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Able to perform under pressure
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Although we are a recently established business, we are growing incredibly quick, and we are confident that the quality we provide with our food and service will help us succeed. If you want to start your culinary journey with a team passionate for exceptional quality food then please feel free to
apply for the position available.