Choose a Sector
Production Chef Apprentice
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
Salary per week:
We are looking for an apprentice to join us who is enthusiastic and passionate.
The apprentice will be able to use us as a stepping stone to further their knowledge and start their career whilst working with a great team. Good timekeeping, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude are essential to succeed in this role.
- Assist with the production of high quality, freshly prepared food as directed by the Head Chef
- Assist with day to day washing up and cleaning as per cleaning schedules and as directed by the Head Chef
- Helping to ensure that food offer and resultant service facilitates a high quality of customer service
- Helping to control gross profit by ensuring good portion control and minimising wastage
- Assisting in the implementation and effective discharge of all relevant statutory requirements within the kitchen department. These include health & safety, food safety and fire safety
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will attend college one day per week (term time) for this apprenticeship where you will gain valuable skills and knowledge to start your chef career. You will also receive training from the business during your time with them.
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- All skills required for the role will be taught during your time with us
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively and pick up tasks quickly
- Eagerness to learn
- Good time-keeping
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English helps, however this is not mandatory
There is room for growth and more responsibilities as you grow and develop with the team. Potentional full-time employement upon the completion of the apprenticeship for the correct candidate