Choose a Sector
Production Chef Apprentice
Catering and Hospitality
Number of vacancies:
Compton C Of E Primary School
Salary per week:
Compton Primary School are looking for a School Cook apprentice to join their team, supporting in the kitchens and with a passion for cooking. Compton are looking for someone with some knowledge in a kitchen environment, prepping and cooking fresh produce and catering for dietary requirements.
Compton is a friendly, family feel environment with excellent CPD opportunities, This is a rewarding and enjoyable role in a outstanding school.
The role will include:
- Preparing and cooking fresh produce
- Following company recipe cards
- Catering for dietary requirements
- Completing temperature records
- Rotating stock
- Ordering from suppliers
- Following company health and safety records
- Serving pupils and teachers
- Supervising catering assistants
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good knowledge and passion for working with food and in a school supporting the children
- Good communication skills
- Basic cooking skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Able to perform under pressure
GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This role could be made permanent for the right person at the end of their apprenticeship. They would need to prove themselves during the apprenticeship and have an interview for the role after.