Choose a Sector
Production Technician Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
EP UK Investments Ltd
Salary per week:
Developing skills in disciplines such as
- Planning work with risk assessments
- Method statements and contract management
You will also be working within the Production team to support the delivery of the required levels of reliability, availability and flexibility of business targets whilst complying with statutory, regulatory, and Company policies, guidelines and standards, and industry best practice. Demonstrable through the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Other duties will include:
- Learning to operate, maintain and inspect equipment to meet legislative requirements, (e.g. Valves, pumps, motors, switch gear, generators, gas turbines)
- Working with the Engineering Team to effectively plan and deliver outages to time, quality and budget
- To establish and maintain effective communication networks within own and wider team, ensuring business objectives and activities are understood and best practice is shared, through participation in toolbox talks and site meetings
- Support the Production team with the operational activities of a CCGT power plant comprising a complex and diverse range of equipment operating 24/7/365 in a stop and starting regime
Level 3 Engineering Technician – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
Please consider the location of the position and how you would get here daily, when required to go to work.
The four-year scheme will allow students to earn a wage whilst studying for their Advanced Apprenticeship (Level three), equivalent to two A-levels. The first year will be spent studying at City College Plymouth with a further three years training at Langage Power Station with day release for further study. Opportunity to build and develop skills in the multi-disciplined areas of EC&I, Mechanical and Operations.
Qualities and skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Teamworking skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure, with guidance
- Good numeracy, literacy and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable competence in use of IT/IS skill e.g. MS Office