Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Barden Corporation UK Ltd
Salary per week:
£11,602.00 per annum
Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 4:15pm.
In this role you will be working in the Supply Chain department, reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager. The main purpose of this role will be to procure, schedule and control the supply of inventory and consumables to help support the business needs. You will be trained to complete a variety of purchasing related tasks.
Duties for this role will include:
- Running order reports and placing purchase orders with suppliers
- Inputting confirmation dates from suppliers in purchase orders
- Deal with queries from suppliers regarding drawings, prices etc.
- Expedite orders with suppliers
- Forward on customs clearances when received
- Run and action SAP exception reports (MD06)
- Assist with inventory stock checks as required
- Raise rejections on suppliers
- Create new materials in SAP
- Raise machine shop routes
- Maintain inventory at the correct levels
- Customer service practitioner apprenticeship combined with additional Business and Administration units
- Functional skills if required
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
All training will be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the employer throughout the 15-18 month apprenticeship. You will receive regular visits at the workplace by an assessor from City College Plymouth for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to develop strong effective relationships both internally and outside of the organisation
- IT skills
- Good timekeeping
There are no set qualifications to become an apprentice but it helps to have GCSEs (A-C/9-4) in maths and English, or equivalent, as this could exempt you from further training in these subjects.
There may be the potential for employment or further qualifications upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.