Choose a Sector
Purchasing & Warehousing Specialist.
Warehousing, Operations and Logisitcs
Number of vacancies:
Oakmount Control Systems Limited
Salary per week:
Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Oakmount Control systems are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and proactive storeman. As Storeman / Store person you will be responsible for a variety of functions including managing receipt of goods, managing stock levels, and assistance with waste management.
- Ordering stock and maintaining stock levels, including stock allocation for specific jobs
- Replenishing consumables
- Booking in and out stock from stores
- Keeping stock room and other areas of the workshops clean & tidy
- Factory waste disposal management (e.g. bins and skips)
- Kitting & Issuing Tools/Components/Materials Electrical/Mechanical parts and materials to projects
- Loading and unloading of deliveries
- Picking/Packing/Despatching goods
- Driving – Deliveries & Collections
- Support continuous improvement in your area
- Keeping computer system and paperwork up to date
- Manual handling of materials
Performing any other duties necessary to ensure the effective running of business
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
Some knowledge of IT, electrical or mechanical products would be useful.
- Well organised
- team player
- problem solving
- attention to detail
- logical reasoning
- can do attitude
- can deal with deadline pressure well
- willingness to embrace change
- excellent time management
- excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
Possible career progression