Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Knowle Primary School
Salary per week:
As a Sport Apprentice, you will be working to support the teachers and to enhance pupils’ learning, with a focus on physical education and sports. This will include ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives, and stay on task in order to make progress. You will work as part of a team to ensure pupils thrive in a positive, nurturing, safe environment and with a family atmosphere that encourages a sense of belonging.
You will have the chance to gain valuable work experience and develop a wide range of skills and experience. At the end of your apprenticeship you will have achieved a nationally recognised qualification and gained valuable work experience that could provide a range of openings for your chosen career.
Duties for this role will include:
- Assisting teaching staff with their day to day activities
- Assisting with physical education, sports, and fitness activities
- Developing strategies to support and encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
- Complying with policy and procedures for sharing confidential information and know when and where to seek advice
- Helping set up the learning environment for the daily programme and helping to tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all equipment is clean and safe at all times
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans
- Attending training courses
- To advise children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- Assisting with lunchtime and after school clubs
- Upholding the employer’s values and ethos at all times
You will work to instil a lasting enthusiasm and zest for learning in the students through experiencing an exciting curriculum.
Over the 15 month Level 2 Community Activator apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Knowledge of sports and good physical fitness
- Effective written and oral communication skills required to liaise with pupils, other staff, parents and outside agencies and professionals
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative
- Able to use office equipment
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- A passion for education and sport
- Willingness to learn and develop one’s own skills and knowledge
- A friendly, flexible approach
- GCSE’s in English & maths at grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
- Suitability to work with young children (an enhanced DBS check will be performed prior to you starting the role)
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.