Choose a Sector
Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Education and Teaching
Number of vacancies:
Pilgrim Primary School
Oxford Street, Plymouth
Salary per week:
Monday to Friday working between 8am – 4:30pm, exact hours to be discussed at interview.
Pilgrim Primary Academy is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located at the heart of Plymouth city centre. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Teaching Assistant apprentice to join our Early Years team working within our Early Years Foundation Stage. The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning and development and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude
We can offer you:
- An extended, supportive team which promotes the development and well-being of everyone in our school community
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are actively involved in shaping the development of our school
- A caring and friendly atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued
- The chance to be imaginative, take risks in learning and be innovative whilst raising attainment
On our 15-18-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Qualities and skills:
- Good communication skills with both children and adults
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- Friendly and outgoing
- GCSE’s in English & maths at grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
- Suitability to work with young children (an enhanced DBS check will be performed prior to you starting the role)
There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.