Choose a Sector
Tool Room Engineering Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
Barden Corporation UK Ltd
Plymbridge Road, Plymouth, PL6 7LH
Salary per week:
Barden have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their team and undertake an apprenticeship where you will learn and develop core skills and capabilities alongside their well-established team. You will be working in the Tool Room and receive training from the experienced team to learn skills relating to Tool Making, using a variety of tools and machinery.
Duties for this apprenticeship will include:
- Working to drawings and to verbal instructions when manufacturing
- Repairing or servicing tooling, gauging, manufacturing and assembly equipment
- Learning skills related to tool making including bench skills, turning, milling and grinding including CNC machining
This is a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth involving:
- Attendance at College 5 days a week for the first year
- Attendance at College one day per week for the remaining 4 years
- Work-based learning and training to gain a level 2 and 3 certificate / diploma in an engineering / manufacturing discipline
- Extensive on-the-job training
This apprenticeship has an expected duration of 4 years.
Qualities and skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in an organised and methodical manner
- Hand tool skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Great attention to detail
- A proactive approach to work
Ideally, candidates will have a minimum of GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
There may be the potential for permanent employment or progression to a higher level apprenticeship for the right candidate, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.