Choose a Sector
Trade Counter Assistant Apprenticeship
Number of vacancies:
Orchard Conservatories Windows & Doors
Unit 1f Westbridge Ind Estate Tavistock PL19 8DE
Salary per week:
40 Hours Per Week – 8am-5pm. Days TBC. Total hours per week: 40.00
We are looking for a motivated, polite and confident individual who has excellent attention to detail, a high standard of communication and great problem solving to help within our trade centre. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth.
In this role, you will join Orchard Conservatories existing team to assist with the trade area of the company.
Trade Counter Assistant:
- Front of House Trade Counter Assistant
- Processing and Picking Orders
- Telephone & Email Queries
- Process Trade Orders
- Maintaining Trade and Stock Room
- Accepting Deliveries
- Stock Control
- Basic Administration
- High level of Customer Service
* Some Heavy Lifting Involved
All Staff are responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s Health & Safety requirements and legislation. All staff are responsible for carrying out appropriate communication and information sharing, and for keeping the company’s policies and procedures confidential. Not to divulge sensitive information to the company’s competitors or any outside sources in accordance with the implied terms of the contract of employment.
- Customer service practitioner apprenticeship Level 2
- Functional skills if required
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship
Qualities and skills:
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Comfortable with face to face and telephone interaction with customers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or alone when required
- Able to demonstrate effective multi-tasking skills
- Effectively prioritise workload
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Polite telephone manner
- Calm under pressure
- Actively seeks solutions to problems that may arise
There are no set qualifications to become an apprentice, but it helps to have GCSEs (A-C/9-4) in maths and English, or equivalent, as this could exempt you from further training in these subjects.
There is the possibility of a full-time trade counter assistant after your apprenticeship and for progression within the company.