Choose a Sector
Warehousing Goods-in/Dispatch Apprentice
Warehousing, Operations and Logisitcs
Number of vacancies:
Lapmaster Wolters Limited
Salary per week:
This role will suit a candidate studying Warehousing and Storage, with a view to gaining experience in warehousing and storage, supporting a small team, as well as gaining hands-on experience complimenting their studies. It is an opportunity to enter into an apprenticeship role within our business and with the ambition of becoming a skilled Warehouse Operative.
- Receiving goods into stores, inspecting/checking goods against purchase orders and distributing them to various departments.
- Assist stores, identifying parts and locating them correctly within the designated storage areas.
- Kit picking from works orders/bills of material and issuing to the assembly areas.
- Raising/issuing/receiving internal works orders for assemblies.
- Raising reject notes on suppliers and liaising with the shipping depart for the return of those goods.
- Picking goods against sales orders for dispatch
- Assisting in the dispatch of goods
- Supporting the shop floor staff
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship
Qualities and skills:
You’ll have strong computer skills with experience of Microsoft Products; Excel and Word
You’ll have a proactive, resourceful attitude. You’ll be approachable, happy to muck in where required, and keen to learn about our business and our processes. You’ll be happy to do all aspects of this role.
You’ll be a team player and have great attention to detail. You’ll be able to prioritise and multi-task to help us meet important deadlines.
May lead to being responsible for Stores or Dispatch or working within the buying department
There will be some lifting of goods
As a part of the application process, you may be required to undertake diagnostic assessments with City College Plymouth.
Please ensure that you check your emails for a City College Plymouth application form, this will need to be filled and returned for you to complete these assessments.
Until these assessments are complete your application will not be viewed by the company.