Choose a Sector
Number of vacancies:
Western Tydens LTD
Redlake Trading Estate, Ivybridge, PL21 0EZ
Salary per week:
Mon-Thu 08:00-17:00, Fri 08:00-12:30 (38.5 hours)
- Following training and induction: cutting, rolling and general fabrication of component parts
- Introduction/assist in welding processes
- Reading engineering drawings and instructions
- Using semi-automatic spot-welding equipment
- General factory duties
- Attention to health and safety and good working practices
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your apprenticeship may consist of the following components; NVQ Diploma, Technical Cert, Functional Skills Maths and English, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills. All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings (this skill is built up with training)
- Good concentration so you can focus on what you’re doing safely when intricate work and intense heat is involved
- Number and measurement skills
- Practical skills so you can operate equipment once you’re shown how
- Technical skills – this knowledge is built up with training and experience as you learn how to choose the best welding method for each task
- Friendly and helpful
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Able to work in a team
There is potential to grow with the company and for the candidate to find their niche and career-continuing training will be available.
If there is an interest in Engineering, further training towards Computer Aided Design or drawing qualifications such as Solid Works or Autocad Inventor will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, available for an immediate start and ideally have their own transport due to location. They will possess the ability and willingness to follow instructions, and work to the highest levels of safety.