How we make decisions
Guide to Information Available from City College Plymouth Under the Model Publication Scheme
The Decision Making Process
The Corporation Board makes strategic decisions. It has six main responsibilities as set out in the Instrument and Articles of Government:
- determination of the character and strategic direction of the College
- approving the quality strategy
- efficient and effective use of resources, safeguarding the college assets and the
- solvency of the College
- approving the annual estimates of income and expenditure
- terms and conditions of service of the CEO, senior postholders and Clerk
- setting a framework for the employment of all other staff.
The Board meets six times a year and operates through a committee system.
Calendar of Board Meetings
Operational decisions are delegated to the CEO and management. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meets fortnightly and is supported by the College Management Team.
Students are involved in key decision-making and are consulted widely through focus groups, the Student Union and Student Council.
Minutes from governing body and Academic board
Recent Board and Committee unclassified minutes are available to view on the College website. Access to the papers accompanying these minutes is available on request from the Clerk to the Corporation.
The College Academic Board meets termly and its unclassified minutes are available to view on request to the PA to the Vice Principal (Curriculum & Quality)