Enjoy the exquisite PL1 experience in your own home.
Open to the public, all are invited to enjoy a top-quality three-course meal with our takeaway service. The PL1 takeaway service was started to provide students with additional learning experiences, so you are literally having a taste of their training. Due to other events and commitments, PL1 cannot always offer the takeaway service, but you can check to see if it is being offered via the City College Plymouth Facebook and LinkedIn pages where you will also find the menu for that week.
Menus will change as these are designed to reflect the students’ learning, but every menu will include meat and fish options, plus a dish for vegetarians, with vegan alternatives usually available.
Starters: (£1.75 per dish)
- Pea and watercress velouté with minted crème fraiche (milk)
- Warmed spiced breast of lamb with a curry mayonnaise and spring salad leaves (milk, egg, mustard)
- Chargrilled mackerel brushed with garlic butter and lemon (fish, milk)
- Lightly cured and pan fried salmon with avocado mousse and pickled cucumber (fish, sulphites)
Mains: (£5.00 per dish)
- Roast Indonesian marinated pork, jasmine rice and charred spring cabbage and chilli oil (fish, sesame, nuts)
- Barbecue chicken thighs with lemon garlic and thyme and Cornish new potatoes (mustard)
- Grilled haddock, clams and new season asparagus (fish, celery)
- Cornish new potato cake with poached egg and hollandaise (egg, milk)
Desserts: (£1.75 per dish)
- Lemon posset (milk)
- Vanilla crème brûlée (milk, egg)
Three courses for just £7.50
PL1 takeaways are to be picked up between 5.00pm and 6.30pm – please state your pick-up time when ordering. Orders are to be made by e-mailing PL1@cityplym.ac.uk before noon on Wednesday. Whilst placing your order, please make the team aware of any allergies or dietary requirements.
Please note some menu items might need to be substituted. The precise menu will be shared via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn each week.
Join our hospitality and catering students on Thursdays. Guided by lecturers, our students will prepare and serve a delicious two or three-course meal, with the same standard of service you would expect at a top restaurant – but with the cost.
Our PL1 Restaurant nights are part of the learning experience for students, giving them a taste of working in a commercial venture as they develop the skills they need to succeed.
Tables can be booked between 5.30pm and 7.00pm.
Spring Sample Dining Menu
Two courses: £12
Three courses: £15
A selection of nibbles, bread and oils (wheat gluten, sulphites, milk)
Pea and ham soup with cheddar beignet (milk, egg)
Pan fried mackerel with celeriac remoulade and pickled beetroot (milk, egg, fish)
Pressed chicken terrine with black garlic puree (mustard)
Burrata and honey tartlet with watercress and pecan salad (tree nuts, wheat, gluten, mustard)
Steamed plaice, with a warm orange and fennel salad (fish)
Chicken wellington, smoked bacon and chicory (sulphites, milk)
Braised beef rib, runner bean ‘noodles’ and salsa Verde (soy, sulphites, celery)
Wood mushroom and globe artichoke Pithivier with roast shallot (wheat gluten, milk)
Please see our daily dessert board for something sweet to finish your meal