As one of the country’s largest providers of quality education and training, we offer a diverse range of exciting career opportunities for all – so join us ‘be part of it’!
Our team of over 600 talented staff support over 12,000 students each year and each plays a part in making City College a nationally recognised learning environment.
In 2017, the College was ranked first in the country for employer satisfaction with a 99.5%* satisfaction score. We were also ranked second in the country out of all further education colleges for student satisfaction*.
The College offers a range of teaching, business support and Apprenticeship opportunities. So if you want to be rewarded well for investing in people’s futures – whatever your skill set, wherever you may be – we want to hear from you.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, particularly people with a disability, or who are from an ethnic background that’s under-represented at the College. If you fall into one of those groups, and you meet the minimum criteria for the post (as detailed on the job description), we guarantee that you will be invited for an interview. Pluss is on hand to help if you have a disability and need any support to complete our application form.
Data security is one of our highest priorities and we aim to be as clear as possible about what we do with personal information and why we do it. Your privacy is really important to us and we understand how important it is to you. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why we do it. For full information, please see our staff privacy statement.
* FE Choices survey 2016/17
City College Plymouth’s Vision:
To be the South West’s leading provider of innovative, technical and professional education and training by supporting partnerships for growth, raising aspirations and fostering wealth creation.
We are a College with a national reputation for promoting enterprise, employability and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Our mission and vision provide the focus for our College community – students, staff and partners. They are not simply gentle aspirations; they are catalysts for action and are:
- capable of translation into hard-edged, measurable and practical outputs
- the link between the aspirations of individual staff members and our collective organisational values
- focused on the student, the customer, the employer and the wider community
- statements which the College is committed to implementing for the benefits of all of our constituents
- reflections of our core beliefs and what we value in each other and in our external relationships
- ways in which we would wish to be perceived by those within and without the organisation
- benchmarks for guiding behaviour and decision making.
- we put our students and our community at the heart of all that we do
- we foster excellence, innovation and creativity
- we celebrate diversity and inclusion and the breaking down of barriers to success
- we have high expectations of ourselves, our students and our partners.
Find out how we’re doing in our latest Annual Report.