There may be ways to reduce your fees or get rid of them altogether and take a FREE course.
You could be eligible if you:
- want to study adult literacy and numeracy, or functional skills in literacy and numeracy – excluding English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL)
- want to study GCSE English or maths if you don’t already hold an A to C grade
- are aged between 19 and 23 and this is your first eligible* full level 2 qualification (ie equivalent to five GCSEs at grades 9 to 4/A* to C, BTEC First Certificate or an NVQ Level 2)
- are aged between 19 and 23 and this is your first eligible* full level 3 qualification (ie equivalent to two A Levels at grades 9 to 4/A* to C, BTEC National Certificate/Diploma or an NVQ Level 3)
- want to get a level 2 qualification, but first need to get an entry/level 1 qualification (certain other criteria applies)
- are unemployed and in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance (work related activity group only) or Universal Credit**
- or are earning less than £18,525 a year.