Choose a Sector
Admin Apprentice – City College Plymouth Admin Hub
Number of vacancies:
City College Plymouth
Kings Road Devonport Plymouth PL1 5QG
Salary per week:
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm Total hours per week: 37
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will:
- Provide clerical support duties such as: word processing letters and reports, using spreadsheets, updating databases and using Google suite
- Undertake frontline face to face reception duties, telephone answering, take messages and follow up actions as appropriate and ensure callers receive appropriate feedback
- Maintain an efficient and effective filing system, in line with college procedures
- Deal with correspondence appropriately, observing confidentiality at all times
- To liaise closely with other college departments, arrange appointments and manage diaries
- Support and attend events, i.e. open days, interviews and parents evenings
- Maintain adequate stationery stock levels
- The post holder must also undertake other duties, as appropriate to the grading of the post, as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
In this role, you will be required to undertake the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship, which is combined with additional business administration units.
The training will be delivered in the workplace through assessment visits.
On completion of the programme you will complete an End Point Assessment.
The delivery of training will take 15 months with an additional 3 months added to complete the end point assessment.
Qualities and skills:
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress onto another apprenticeship programme or apply for a permanent admin position.
Things to consider
In this role you will be required to work with young people and vulnerable adults. Employment will be subject to DBS checks.