Choose a Sector
Advanced Level Maintenance Engineer Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
RITTAL-C S M LIMITED
Broadley Industrial Park Roborough Plymouth PL6 7EZ
Salary per week:
Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.5
Do you have a strong aptitude for mechanical and electrical engineering?
Do you take a proactive approach to work and learning?
Do you have the ability to work effectively as part of a fast-moving team?
If you answered yes to the above, then this could be the apprenticeship for you!
The apprenticeship programme has been designed to provide candidates with comprehensive training in mechanical, electrical and control systems to ensure the reliability of a broad spectrum of plant and equipment in a Sheet Metal production facility.
Your day-to-day activities for this role would include:
Fault diagnosis and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical control systems.
Planned preventative maintenance.
Continuous improvement projects.
During the apprenticeship, you will also learn:
Lean manufacturing techniques., 6S, root cause analysis, 4D.
Maintenance engineering strategies, Reliability centred maintenance, Condition based monitoring.
Robot programming, electrical theory; basics of PLC programming; electric motors and control; hydraulic and pneumatic valves and actuators; stripping, repair and refitting mechanical components.
Working on automated production lines, Robot welding plants, Laser cutting systems, Power Presses, paint plant, powder booths, CNC punch machines.
You will work towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, following the mechatronics pathway, run over a 4 year period with College attendance at City College Plymouth once day per week and the remaining time at Rittal.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
You will also have training at the workplace with a supervisor on hand to guide you on your learning journey.
Qualities and skills:
- Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience.
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above) Essential.
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential.