Choose a Sector
Production Operative Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
SAFETY FIRST MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD
UNIT 2 LISTER MILL BUSINESS PARK LISTER CLOSE PL7 4BA
Salary per week:
£9,379.50 (Annually not weekly)
Monday - Thursday, 8am - 4.30pm and Friday, 8am – 12pm Total hours per week: 37.5
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Cutting the products. This includes PVC curtains, blankets, leather and other materials.
- Sewing the products, you would be trained on basic sewing, especially the heavier materials.
- Finishing, you will be trained to eyelet and press stud products that require this.
- Packing, making sure the jobs that are being despatched that day are packed and ready to be collected by the courier.
- Welding, this role also includes welding. You will be trained in ‘Mig and Tig welding’ and you will help support the welders making our frames. We offer bespoke welding safety solutions where you will also learn how we plan and make specialist frames and bays for customers.
- General tiding, keeping the factory and work space organised and tidy, heavy lifting and taking in deliveries.
- Organising stock.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive a Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard.
- This qualification is in conjunction with City College Plymouth, and you will be required to attend College one day a week.
Qualities and skills:
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to apply for a permanent role within the business.