Choose a Sector
Property Maintenance Operative Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
PLYMOUTH COLLEGE AND ST DUNSTAN'S ABBEY SCHOOLS CHARITY
Plymouth College Ford Park Plymouth Devon PL4 6RN
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of the building for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting or plaster damage.
- Understand & maintain plumbing and drainage systems for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps, water testing.
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene including conducting Legionella safety process.
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair od damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards the level 2 property maintenance operative apprenticeship.
- The training will be at City College Plymouth where you will work towards the End Point Assessment which is a series of assessments you need to pass to achieve the overall apprenticeship.
- You will attend college 1 day per week and be in the workplace 4 days a week.
Qualities and skills:
Desired skills and personal qualities
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to join our maintenance, ground or portering team.
- Further training.