Choose a Sector
Service Engineer Apprentice
Number of vacancies:
AUTOTECH ROBOTICS LTD
DARKLAKE VIEW ESTOVER PLYMOUTH PL6 7TL
Salary per week:
16-17 = £5.31 p/h 18-20 = £6.83 p/h 21-22 = £9.50 p/h 23+ = £9.75 p/h
Monday - Thursday 8.5 hours per day, Friday 6 hours per day. Total hours per week: 40
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with the assembly and site installation of new projects
- Fault finding for existing systems both remotely and on site
- Perform on site maintenance for exisiting equipment
- Interpretation of mechanical layouts, electrical schematics and assembly requirements for electrical – mechanical automated systems and related process equipment
- Wiring and panel build of discrete control systems
- Fault finding of electro-mechanical systems, PLC’s, sensors, motors and other electro-mechanical parts
- Maintenance of existing equipment to carried out on site
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will undertake and achieve the Level 3 Engineering Technician Standard, delivered by City College Plymouth. You will attend City College Plymouth 1 day per week and have assessor visits at the workplace to show your competence and help you complete your End Point Assessment, which is the series of exams you will take to complete the apprenticeship.
You will study the pathway of Mechatronics Maintenance Technician, please visit the below website, following pathway 10 for further information on this route:
This apprenticeship has a duration of 42 months, plus time for the End Point Assessment, which can take a further 3 months.
You will work towards a Level 2 and 3 Diploma, plus a Level 3 BTEC as part of this apprenticeship.
Qualities and skills:
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Product Design/Technology related subject (Grade pass) Desired
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The ideal candidate will successfully complete their apprenticeship and take on a permanent position afterwards. This position would include opportunities for continued career development.