You’ve already learned the first steps in painting and decorating and you’ve had plenty of practice. Now, this CSkills level 2 diploma in painting and decorating at City College Plymouth can take your career opportunities to the next level. As you’ll soon be working on larger commercial developments or on smaller-scale domestic properties, we aim to introduce you to the planning, organisational and practical skills to complete projects as well as helping you to advance your hands-on technical skills. This course will give you everything you need to start work as a fully qualified painter and decorator.
What's it all about?
In order to be accepted on this course, you will need to have achieved a level 1 qualification in painting and decorating (DIPD1) preferably registered by City and Guilds. Other applicants will be considered if they possess a completed qualification in similar wood occupation subjects.
This would be verified and discussed during the interview process.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F) (including English and science)
- an intermediate GNVQ
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ Level 1/technical certificate.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- an Apprenticeship in the sector
- employment as a fully qualified painter and decorator to increase your site experience.
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.Download course PDF
- Level: 2
- Qualification: Certificate
- Awarding body: European Registration Scheme (ERS)
- Duration: Three days
- Course type: Short course
- Level: 2
- Qualification: T Level
- Awarding body: City & Guilds (C&G)
- Duration: 1 year
- Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Full-time
Book an open day and come visit us!
Come and visit us on one of our college open days, where you can find out more about our courses, check out our facilities and speak to current students and staff.