Skip to content

Business Management and Administration

Course Code: TLBMA
  • Level: 3
  • Qualification: T Level
  • Awarding body: City & Guilds (C&G)
  • Duration: Two years
  • Course type: Full-time
  • Time of day: Daytime
  • When you'll study: Four days a week plus a 45-day industry placement

What's it all about?

The T Level in Management and Administration is a two-year course that will allow you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge whilst putting them into practice within an industry placement.

A key element of the course is a placement within a local business, this will give you the opportunity to gain real industry skills.

T Levels are worth UCAS points, if you achieve distinction* that is the equivalent of three A levels at A* and is recognised by universities, other education providers and employers.

The course offers a variety of progression routes; employment in HR to finance or continuing on an academic journey through to a higher level apprenticeships or onto university. The T Level will allow you to gain valuable work experience that employers want as well as not closing the door for further study such as university or higher level Apprenticeships.

Course information

The T Level is split into two parts, the core component which provides the underpinning knowledge and skills to gain understanding of the industry followed by a specialism.

Core components

  • Types of organisations and the environments in which they operate.
  • Organisational culture and values.
  • The importance on human resource management.
  • The importance of maintaining and improving quality and compliance.
  • The importance of financial management within a business.
  • The development of policies and procedures.
  • The importance of managing organisational change.

Specialisms

  • Team leadership and management.
  • Business improvement.
  • Business support.

To be successful on this level of programme you will need an appropriate level of understanding in English and maths to be able to fulfil the coursework requirements.

We welcome applications from those who have one or more of the following: 

six GCSEs at grades 9-4; you must have gained a grade 4 in English and a grade 4 in maths 

successful completion of the level 2 T-Prep Transition Programme with a recommendation from your personal tutor 

a level 2 Cambridge Technical Diploma or equivalent, graded merit or above
successful completion of an Apprenticeship programme. 

This course is currently only for 16 to 18-year-olds.

Core component – your core subject knowledge will be assessed through externally set examinations. There are two exams with a duration of 2.5 hours that will make up 60% of your overall grade. There will also be a practical employer set project that will put your core skills into practice making up the remaining 40% of your overall grade. The core component is graded A*-E.

Occupational specialism – the occupational specialism will involve an externally set assignment, which has a 100% weighting for this component. The assignment will be graded pass, merit, distinction.

Work placements – there is a work placement team at the College to support you through your placement.

On successful completion of this course, you could progress to:

  • university-level study in a related subject at institutions throughout the UK
  • a higher-level Apprenticeship
  • employment in a variety of jobs, for example: human resources, marketing, finance and administration.

Please note fees are quoted for one year only.

Download course PDF

Future careers

What you could earn:

Elected Officers and Representatives

£142,360.02

Potential salary

£14,376.99

Entry level salary

£60,151.29

Average salary

2

Annual openings in Plymouth

Related courses

Legal Services

  • Level: 3
  • Qualification: T Level
  • Awarding body: Pearson
  • Duration: Two years
  • Course type: Full-time, Two-year

Accounting

  • Level: 3
  • Qualification: T Level
  • Awarding body: Pearson
  • Duration: Two years
  • Course type: Full-time

Principles of Management and Leadership

  • Level: 3
  • Qualification: Diploma
  • Awarding body: Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
  • Duration: One year
  • Course type: Part-time
View all courses

Book an open day and come visit us!

Come and visit us on one of our college open days, where you can find out more about our courses, check out our facilities and speak to current students and staff.