Fees and How to Apply
Whether you want to improve your English, or gain a Degree in Engineering, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to City College. You could study:
- an English language programme. Choose a level and a date to suit your needs. Improving your English could help you to get ahead in your career. £160 per week.
- an International Foundation Course. This can help you reach the academic and English language levels you need to get a place at a UK university. Pathways are available in business and science. Six months, January start. For tuition fees and further information, please contact the International team. Package fees, inclusive of accommodation, airport transfer, IELTS and also university placement, will be charged if students are recruited from South East Asia through PDVL Overseas Advisory.
- a full-time Foundation Degree. This is a vocational higher education qualification offered in partnership with the University of Plymouth. Once you’ve completed it you can choose to move onto a final year at the University of Plymouth to gain an undergraduate degree. £8,150 per year, September start.
- a Level 6 qualification. A Level 6 qualification is equivalent to a full degree and this can be obtained by completing a one-year top-up course after successful completion of a Foundation Degree. Fees for a Level 6 course are £9,695 a year.
- vocational courses. We also offer a range of vocational courses, which can give you the skills you need for the workplace. £5,830 a year.
Please note there may be other/additional costs for some courses, such as external examination fees. We’ll always let you know in advance exactly how much you need to pay. Tuition fees are payable in advance. Please see our International Student Fee Policy for further details.
For courses run in partnership with PDVL, for Chinese students, please click here for more information.
|EFL||£160 per week|
|International Foundation Course – Business or science pathway (January start)||Upon request|
|Foundation Degrees||£8,150 per year|
|Premier International year 1 (9 months)||£10,560|
How to apply
Download an application form, fill it in and send it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to the address on the form. Don’t forget to attach the extra information listed below, including copies of the relevant pages of your passport. We will contact you to confirm if we can offer you a place. If you are made an offer we ask for £2,000 of the fee before assigning the CAS.
Along with completing the application form (hyperlink to form), you will need to include the following documentation:
- copies of exam certificates and school reports which need be translated into English
- copies of the pages in your passport – including your name, age, photograph and passport number
- a copy of your visa (if applicable/available)
- full details of any previous studies in the UK
- results from an English language assessment – if English is not your first language you will need to provide proof of your English level. You will need to be working at a minimum of UKVI IELTS 5.5.
Once the International team has received all of your document, it will be checked and your application will start to be processed. Some courses require an interview and you will be advised at this stage if this is necessary. A CAS can only be issued once the deposit and in some cases the full fees have been cleared in the City College Plymouth finance account.
Prospective tier 4 students
Please be aware that if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK we advise you to apply for your place at the College a minimum of three months prior to the course start date. This is to allow enough time for the full College application and visa application processes.