Do you enjoy practical work, using your hands, solving detailed problems, and working outdoors? Then becoming a skilled and fully trained woodworker could be a great career choice for you! This City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery course at City College Plymouth will teach you the techniques used in all aspects of basic carpentry. This woodworking training course is designed for those who aren’t yet employed in the industry. You will learn about setting up your workspace, the different techniques you can call upon and the specific tools you need. You will get to practice your new-found skills in a simulated working environment and end up with an industry-recognised qualification.
What's it all about?
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades 3-1 (D-F), including English and maths
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ level 1 / technical certificate in a related subject
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.Download course PDF
- Level: 2
- Qualification: Certificate
- Awarding body: European Registration Scheme (ERS)
- Duration: Three days
- Course type: Short course
- Level: 2
- Qualification: T Level
- Awarding body: City & Guilds (C&G)
- Duration: 1 year
- Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Full-time
Book an open day and come visit us!
Come and visit us on one of our college open days, where you can find out more about our courses, check out our facilities and speak to current students and staff.