Why not use lock down to engage in some personal development or improve your CV? This level 2 online course in nutrition is delivered remotely by an industry expert and covers all the basic information required to improve nutrition.
This one-day course is aimed at industry practitioners who would like to develop their CV and portfolio of qualifications, or add to an existing skill set and improve compliance with food hygiene legislation.
The course covers the following units:
- describe the differences between the different nutrients found in food
- state the sources of the key nutrients found in food
- state what is meant by the term ‘micronutrients
- list the common sources of vitamins and minerals found in food
- explain the importance of fluid in the diet
- explain how the nutritional requirements of population groups can differ
- state how the concept of calories are used as a measurement
- explain what is meant by the term ‘micronutrients’.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The assessment method is assignment based.
Upon completion you may progress to a range of hospitality and catering courses at the College, depending on entry requirements.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: HAPN2
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.