This Pre-Access course is an introductory course for anyone wanting to return to study. It will give you a solid foundation in the skills required for employment and training, and support your personal development, building confidence so that you feel ready to return to learning. This course will introduce the core study skills to enable you to progress to studying at level 2 or 3 and/ or improve your job prospects. Whatever you decide to do with your future, you’ll be prepared to get there.
What's it all about?
It is preferred that applicants have at least a Level 1 in English and maths
Following completion of the Pre-Access Award, you have the opportunity to progress onto a variety of courses at City College Plymouth, depending on your current English and maths qualifications. Careers and course information is available.
- You will also have the opportunity to progress to the level 2 Pre-Access certificate
- Level: 3
- Qualification: Access, Diploma
- Awarding body: Cambridge Access Validating Agency (CAVA)
- Duration: One year
- Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Full-time, Part-time
- Level: 2
- Qualification: Access, Certificate
- Awarding body: City College Plymouth
- Duration: Six weeks
- Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time
Book an open day and come visit us!
Come and visit us on one of our college open days, where you can find out more about our courses, check out our facilities and speak to current students and staff.