The aim of this qualification is to provide you with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to seven years of age, focusing practical experience on children up to five years of age. Completing this qualification will enable you to gain employed as a qualified level 2 practitioner or progress to the Level 3 Diploma holding an Early Years Educator status.
What's it all about?
You will need to have five GCSEs at grade 3 or above to include English and maths (opportunity to retake). You will also be required to have a passion and motivation to work with children and their families.
Upon successful completion you may progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare or gain employment as a nursery assistant, classroom assistant or pre-school practitioner.
- Level: 5
- Qualification: Foundation Degree
- Course type: Full-time, Part-time
- Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
Education & Childcare (Early Years Education; Assisting Teaching)
- Level: 3
- Qualification: T Level
- Course type: Full-time
- Duration: Two years
Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Level: 2
- Qualification: Certificate
- Course type: FREE (Eligibility Applies), Part-time, Short course
- Duration: Distance learning (you will have 12 weeks to complete the course from the date of enrolment)
Book an open day and come visit us!
Come and visit us on one of our college open days, where you can find out more about our courses, check out our facilities and speak to current students and staff.