Course Code: UF6308, UX6309
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
When you'll study: Thursdays, 9.30am - 5.30pm (part-time)
The Foundation Degree is Childhood Studies at City College Plymouth is for reflective practitioners working with children within the early years and primary school age range. It will develop knowledge and awareness relating to a range of topics which underpin good practice, regardless of the age of the children. A supervisory or managerial position is not essential to undertake this course, however you will need to be able to set workplace policies and procedures and have opportunities to implement change in a childcare setting. Therefore, setting support is crucial to the successful completion of this course.
The course includes the following subjects:
- personal and professional development
- international contexts of childhood and families
- discrimination and inclusion
- learning environments
- theoretical perspectives of development and learning
- working in partnership
- health and wellbeing
- government strategies and policies
- reflective practice/leadership and management.
We welcome applications from those who have all of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a level 3 diploma in a relevant subject
- four GCSEs at grades 4 (C) or above, to include English and maths
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through essays, case studies, reports and research, which are directly linked to your professional practice and ongoing reflection.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies degree at the University of Plymouth
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Education Studies degree at the University of Plymouth
- enhanced employment opportunities and pathways into childrens social work/teacher training.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF6308
A Full Course Fee: £6950
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17||This course is not usually available to this age group. Please contact email@example.com or phone reception on 01752 305 300 for advice.|
|18 - 23||A|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.