Course Code: UF6308, UX6309
Subject area: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
When you'll study: Mondays and Tuesdays, 9.00am - 5.30pm (part-time)
This Foundation Degree provides an opportunity for individuals who are interested in working with children and young people, from birth to teenage years. The course will explore a range of diverse topics, from adversity and inclusion, and health and wellbeing, to theories and enabling learning environments. You will develop your theoretical knowledge which will then be applied to practice with mandatory attendance of paid employment or voluntary placement. Your placement needs to be supportive and encouraging and provide you with opportunities to undertake review and evaluative activities of practice, policies and procedures.
The course includes the following subjects:
- personal and professional development
- international contexts of childhood and families
- discrimination and inclusion
- learning environments
- theoretical perspectives of development and learning
- working in partnership
- health and wellbeing
- government strategies and policies
- reflective practice/leadership and management.
We welcome applications from those who have all of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a level 3 diploma in a relevant subject
- four GCSEs at grades 4 (C) or above, to include English and maths
- T Level pass in an appropriate subject area
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through essays, case studies, reports and research, which are directly linked to your professional practice and ongoing reflection.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies degree at the University of Plymouth
- the final year of the BA (Hons) Education degree at the University of Plymouth
- the BSc (Hons) Community and Public Services (Healthcare) or BSc (Hons) Community and Public Services Management top-up degrees at the College
- enhanced employment opportunities and pathways into childrens social work/teacher training.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: UF6308
A Full Course Fee: £7450
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17||This course is not usually available to this age group. Please contact email@example.com or phone reception on 01752 305 300 for advice.|
|18 - 23||A|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.