If you are constantly questioning how things work and enjoy being constantly challenged, this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to start working in an industry that boasts an average salary of more than £45,000 a year. Equivalent to three A Levels, this course will also provide you with the necessary UCAS points to access higher education should you wish.
You’ll benefit from a new, exciting syllabus that focuses on the key subjects that we know employers want, such as:
- maths and science
- project management
- engineering design and production
- control engineering (including programming languages)
- computer aided design (CAD)
- pneumatic and hydraulic systems and devices
This course is primarily theory-based with practical experimentation, however some practical elements are included to give you a broad overview of manufacturing machines and principles. Engineering covers a wide range of roles and involves the application of scientific principles and practical knowledge to transform ideas and materials into products and systems. You’ll learn all about them on this course.
This course includes the following subjects:
- the delivery of engineering processes safely as a team
- engineering product design and manufacture
- mechanical measurement and inspection technology
- applied commercial and quality principles
- pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- programmable logic controllers.
- a specialist engineering project
- using calculus to solve engineering problems
- electronic devices and circuits
- microcontroller systems for engineers
- electrical machines
- digital analogue electronic systems
- maintenance of mechanical systems
- mechanical behaviour of metallic materials.
Please note; these units may be subject to change.
As a Google Reference College, you will also develop your digital skills ensuring you stand out from the crowd when it comes to landing your dream job.
You will need to have five GCSEs at grade 5 (C) or above, including maths, English and science. We will also consider a Level 2 Diploma in Engineering or other similar or relevant qualifications. If you don’t meet the specific entry requirements for this course, you can still apply and applications will be considered on an individual basis.
Assessment is by a mix of internal and external assignments, as well as one external exam.
On successful completion, you may wish to progress to:
- an advanced Apprenticeship
- a HNC or Foundation Degree in engineering at the College
- enhanced employment opportunities.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: NDMD
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £3300
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.