Are you part of the esports culture and want to improve your streaming techniques and layouts?
Do you want to learn about the business of competitive gaming and event marketing? Do you
want to organise your own event?
Are you new to esports and are curious about why esports is so popular or why professional
gaming is now a legitimate career?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the course for you!
Esports has become popular because of the following reasons:
- esports is just like any other sport
- the accessibility and inclusiveness of gaming
- the diversity of games
- the quality of video games
- video games are addictive
- gaming is a social activity
- legitimate career opportunities.
This new and exciting course will teach you about the technical set up that is required to deliver
esports events, along with public relations skills to promote the events. You will also learn how
to add hype and excitement through casting and hosting – skills that are in demand across the
This qualification is endorsed by The British Esports Association as being suitable for those
wanting to work in the industry. This means that it will be recognised by employers and will
support entry into this industry in a range of roles.
The course covers the following modules …
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports Skills, Strategies and Analysis
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the Esports Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness for Esports Players
- Producing an Esports Brand
- Esports Coaching
- Psychology for Esports Performance
- Esports Events
- Game Design
- Video Production
- Ethical and Current Issues in Esports
- Sports and Esports Law and Legislation
- Nutrition for Esports Performance
- Live-streamed Broadcasting
In order to be successful on this course you will need to have two or more of the below:
- a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 or above to include maths and English language along
with at least two other relevant subjects
- a level 2 diploma (merit) in a relevant subject (games development, computing, sport, media
- relevant experience/documented evidence as a competitive gamer (participation in
tournament-style event competitions)
- a strong interest in competitive gaming (watching your favourite digital athletes compete
online via Twitch and YouTube).
All of our modules are assessed through online and in-class coursework.
You may be asked to present the findings of your own research, use case studies to explore
complex or unfamiliar situations, carry out projects for which you have a choice over the
direction and outcomes or demonstrate practical and technical skills using appropriate
This course is intended for those wanting to progress directly to employment in the esports
industry and other related industries. There are a wide variety of career opportunities in the
esports industry, including:
- journalist/content creator
- PR/marketing executive
- product manager
- community/social manager
- broadcast/production crew
- event manager
- other gaming careers (developers, publishers etc).
The breadth of optional content in this qualification allows students to widen their opportunities
to progress on to a number of different higher education courses such as a Foundation Degree
in Game Design and Production or VR and 3D Art after you have successfully completed this course. You may also be able to progress to a university such as Staffordshire, which offers a
BA (Hons) in Esports.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: ECES3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.