Course Code: UF3366, UX3366
Subject area: Media, Games & Computing
Awarding body: University of Plymouth
Qualification: Foundation Degree
Course type: Full-time, Part-time
Time of Day: Daytime
Duration: Two years (full-time), three years (part-time)
When you'll study: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9.00am - 6.30pm (part-time)
Software development plays a vital role in the IT industry. If you want to thrive in this industry you need to be very detail-oriented, be able to combine your logical thinking with the ability to focus for long periods and have a positive, can-do attitude. Not only that, you’ll need a large dose of creativity too! On our Foundation Degree we will help you perfect your mastery of these skills and develop your ability to analyse, program and project manage software solutions.
For more information about this course please read the Programme Quality Handbook which contains programme specifications and module information.
The course includes the following subjects:
- computer platforms
- project management
- analysis and design of software
- program concepts
- mathematics for software development
- data analysis and database design
- human – computer interface
- data structures and algorithms
- research project
- statistical and computational mathematics.
In the final year, possible optional modules include games development, multimedia design or e-business.
We welcome applications from those who have a minimum of four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths, and one or more of the following:
- 48 UCAS tariff points
- a BTEC National Award in a related subject
- an Advanced Apprenticeship
- an NVQ Level 3 in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
Should the entry requirements not be met then individual cases will be considered.
Assessment will be through a mixture of coursework, in-class tests and examinations.
On successful completion of this course, you may be able to progress to:
- the BSc (Hons) Applied Computer Science degree at the College
- the final year of the BSc (Hons) Computing degree at the University of Plymouth
- a wide range of careers in the ICT industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2018/19 (August 2018 – July 2019). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2019/20.
Course Code: UF3366
A Full Course Fee: £7450
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: Not applicable to this course
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 17|
|18 - 23|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.