Are you a mechanic, or would you like to train for a job as a mechanic or vehicle repair technician? The level 3 City & Guilds Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at City College Plymouth could be the right choice for you. This course is aimed at building on the level 2 and introducing you to the more complex systems of today. Your training will cover the operation and diagnosis of vehicle systems including the engine, chassis, electrics and transmission. You’ll undertake research projects which enable you to become more autonomous and able to work on your own initiative with support and guidance coming from the tutor.
The course content will include:
- knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- skills in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- skills in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle chassis system faults
- knowledge of diagnosis and recitification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- knowledge of how to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service
- skills to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
- knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- skills in diagnosing and rectifiying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults.
Entry is normally dependent on successful completion of the level 2 programme, but in some circumstances direct entry is accepted.
You will be assessed through a variety of practical tasks and assessments, and online and paper exams.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a further level 3 automotive course at the College
- an Apprenticeship
- employment in the industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2020/21 (August 2020 – July 2021). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2021/22.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: VMPT2
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £3900
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.