Apply Now

Entry Requirements

Levels of English required

The International team at City College Plymouth will need to see evidence of your level of English. A UKVI IELTs test will show your level of English and applicants need to have a score of at least 5.5 (5.0 minimum in writing).  

If you have taken an English language test that is not IELTS it may still be accepted – please contact the International team to discuss this further. For more information about UKVI IELTS please visit

City College Plymouth is proud of having responsible recruitment procedures.

What do I need to do to get a Student visa to study at City College Plymouth?

City College Plymouth holds a licence to sponsor international students and is able to assign the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). The CAS is needed for a Student visa application. You will need to pay a minimum deposit of £2,000 before a CAS is assigned to you. In some cases full fees may be required before the CAS is assigned.

The CAS will be valid for six months but you must not use it more than three months before the start date of your course. Please make sure you do not make a visa application too early as your application will be refused.

You can find out more about Student visas from the UKVI website. 

Visas and Immigration

Make sure you research how the visa application works and if you meet the requirements well in advance of applying to start your chosen course. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet all UKVI requirements.