If you’re looking for an exciting, rewarding career in travel and tourism, then this is the course for you! Whether you want to work as a member of cabin crew, on board a cruise ship, as a holiday representative, or set up your own business, this extended diploma will provide you with a wide appreciation of the whole travel and tourism environment.
Educational trips and visits form part of the course: previous students have had the opportunity to visit New York, Europe, and some students had the chance to complete a one-month work placement in Lapland to give you just a few examples.
You’ll study topics such as working overseas, customer service, retail travel operations, and long haul and European destinations, as well as completing a work placement. In previous years, we have been involved with UK Inbound and MTV.
Successful completion of the two-year course will provide you with a qualification that is the equivalent of three A Levels, enabling you to continue to university, a higher level Apprenticeship or employment.
The course covers the following subjects:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Preparing for a Career in Travel and Tourism
- Specialist Tourism
- Resort Representative
- Tour Guiding
- UK Airports.
During the course, you will have the opportunity to meet industry employers and guest speakers, and visit an airport for a tour behind the scenes, along with opportunities to visit local tourism attractions. Your individualised study programme will comprise the following areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades 9-4 (A*-C), including English and maths
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ level 2/technical certificate (merit or above)
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship course
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
This course is assessed entirely by coursework. There are no exams.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the Foundation Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management at the College
- a BA (Hons) degree at a range of universities
- a wide range of careers within the travel and tourism industry.
Fees quoted apply to courses starting in the academic year 2021/22 (August 2021 – July 2022). There may be a slight increase in fees for courses starting 2022/23.
If you are aged 16-18, due to Government funding, tuition fees may not be applicable for your course. (Please note: this does not apply to Foundation Degrees or Access to Higher Education courses, and other courses not eligible for public funding.)
Course Code: IDTT3
A Full Course Fee: Not applicable to this course
B Reduced Course Fee (for those in receipt of qualifying benefits): Not applicable to this course
C Ancillary course costs (ie books and equipment): Not applicable to this course
D Advanced Learner Loan Fee: £2500
|How old are you?||How much will you pay?|
|16 - 18|
|19 - 23||may be free).(Note: If you do not have a level 3 qualification, this course|
Please note fees are quoted for one year only.
"For anyone who is thinking of studying travel and tourism at the College I say go for it! The course gives you so many different opportunities and opens so many doors."Read Success Story